Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What it is part 2

So call me uncle anyways, “What it is” is the expressed my friend Buddy always ask me every time I see him at work and yes his real name is Buddy a nice guy he’s about my father’s age but an unbeliever but back to what I was talking about and I always what to answer him back by saying What it was or What it will me basically he’s asking what going on right now in my life or have I heard anything about a job, it also reminds me of the question for some reason What is the meaning of life? Which is 42 kidding of course that is from the movie Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy which is a political satire asking the question what is the meaning of life which the big computer says 42 which I don’t know what that means because I did not read the books but just saw the movie have to read the books sometimes but anyways. What is the meaning of life? I always think of the first question from the Westminster Shorter Catechism when I here that question “What is the chief end of man?” and the answer is “Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever” Here are a few scriptures on that
"1 Corinthians 10:31. Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Romans 11:36. For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. Psalm 73:24-26. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God isthe strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.John 17:22, 24. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one... Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. "
So that is the meaning of life its not about us but God. to be continue

1 comment:

Aaron said...

nice blog, tank. didn't know you were a blogger! i'll add it to my links.

-aaron