Friday, October 28, 2005

The last one

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago but decided not to post it but kind of had a change of heart so here goes. Its official I am the last one of all my friends that I grew up with that has never married. I grew with about 10 pretty close friend maybe a little more but not any less, I’ve known these guys most of then for the most part ever since grade school. We played sports together we’ve eaten together we hung out at each others houses you know friends stuff. I’m not talking about my friends I’ve made in college or have made in church or work or wherever these are the guys that I’ve have known for over twenty one years. I ran into one of these friends over a week ago his name Sam he was are quarterback when we played high school football together. Sam and I were the last two in that group of friends that had not married yet. I met Sam new wife that day they had gotten married last year and now there is just me. After feeling sorry for myself for a week or so I ran into a couple of female friends of mind I’ve been friends with them probably since high School. After a few minutes of conversation with them they had both told me that both of them have been divorce twice my mouth just drop these girls are the same age as I and they have both gone though two husband and piece. They said they love the children but the marriages just didn’t work out. So on the one hand it kind of sad to be the last one in my group but on the other hand I’m grateful that I’m not been divorce and or in a unloving marriage. Just a thought.

No comments: