Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sin

I was watching an interview on MSNBC the other night with Ted Haggard the pastor of New life Church in Colorado Spring Colorado. Tom Brokaw ask him this question?

Brokaw: Most of the churches that I know of, and certainly the ones I attended, at some point, you out loud acknowledge that you were a sinner or that you came face-to-face to guilt that you may feel.

Haggard: Right.

Brokaw: I didn’t see any of that here.

Haggard: Well, we do talk about sin. But, see, the issue is Jesus took care of our sin. And Jesus removes guilt from our life. So the emphasis in our church isn’t how to get your sins removed because that’s pretty easy to do. Jesus did that on the cross. He emphasis in our church is how to fulfill the destiny that God’s called you to.

Brokaw: You’re making it easier for them.

Haggard: Making it easier for them just like Jesus did, just like Moses did.

I don’t know about you but I find this very disturbing my mouth just dropped when I heard this. This does not make any since to me so then if you emphasis is not on sins removable then how do people get saved in this church, Yes Christ did remove sin on the cross for those who would believe, but how will they believe if they don’t know they are sinners, how will they know they are a sinner if you don’t deal with the people’s sins.
So not talking about sin or emphasizing it in fact does not make it easier on them it actually makes in harder on them.
We all have sin and have fallen short of the glory of God and we need a Savior to forgive our sins. One of the few times I heard John MacArthur preach in person he said The church should model after heaven first holiness second in worship, the church cannot be holy if sin is not dealt with or emphases or purged and that’s major problem with are churches today. Just a thought

2 comments:

tnfpb said...

hey i agree with the jaw-dropping there, i read the article in Christianity Today that features him and had some questions as to whether his ministry focused on God or man, i have only got to read half of the Brokaw interview cause i am at work but i plan to finish it later. thanks for turning me on to the transcript!

tank said...

Yeah I was shock when I heard the interview but it’s the tread of these mega churches and contemporary churches of today they are more man center then God Center